Bharata Natyam

Bharata Natyam

      Bharat Natyam, also spelled Bharatanatyam,
       Is a classic Indian dance from that originated
       In the temples of Tamilnadu. This dance from
       Denotes various 19th and 20th century recon-      
       Called Devadasis. It was described in the 
       tescribed in the treatise Natya Shastry a 
       Bharat around the beginning of the common 
       Bharata Natyam is known for its grace, purity,
       tenderness, and sculpturesque poses.'
                      Lord Shiva is considered the God of
       this dance from. Today, it is one of the most
       popular and widely performed dance

   Choreography: This is the most challenging because it is truly a derivative of our learning.  You either like it or you don’t. And like the others, it is an adaptation of what I have learnt and studied all these years.  My thinking has been shaped by my parents, my upbrining, my Gurus, my education, my former corporate workplace, my friends and my sensitivity to the world. So it is uniquely my experience that I bring to my dance and impart that to my students. It is not going to be the same as any of the Kalakshetra teachers or  teachers. And the beauty is my teachers do not expect that it will be the same.
 They gave me freedom and I have chosen. I give the same freedom to my students and they are free to move on.

Comments